Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Run Commuter Bag: Salomon Run Commuter RX

So I have started run commuting both ways to work.  It's just under 6 miles. So in and out it just over 11 miles. 
So when I saw the Salomon Commuter RX back pack I thought I had found my perfect solution.  
Sleek, black, lightweight, it looked perfect... So I made the classic mistake of trying out something new on "race day".  I tried it for inaugural run into work.
I put in a few changes of clothes, and some other accessories and I was off.

The straps are really thin... And there is no chest strap!  Absolutely nothing across the sternum!  This combined with the thin straps made for a miserable run but I was already on the way and didn't have time to turn back.  

The back is broad and has very poor ventilation and minimal padding.  I can appreciate this for the minimalness but in practice it was miserable.  The buckles on the straps ended up riding pretty high so they were rubbing on my ribs.  I have a long torso but I'm not a freak of any kind. 
The storage was nice and as an everyday backpack it is great.  Like I said ninja black, sleek, sexy, great around town bag .  
As a run commuting bag... This is a fail.  

So evaluating this as a run commuting bag...

Function-1/5 
Looks-4/5
Quality- 5/5
Weight- 5/5
Cost- 4/5

So as you can see over all it is a great backpack.  But as a run commuting backpack it just falls too short for me, overall score...

2/5

Thanks for reading, gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment