Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Run Commuter Bag: Grip EQ

Another hobby of mine is Disc Golf.  I play about once a week.  I'm ok.  I birdie
, I bogey, I par.  I won't tell you which one I do most often.  But as I mentioned in an earlier post I am run commuting to work and have been looking for the perfect bag.  
In discgolf most people carry a bag to hold their various discs.
Smaller ones look like this...
Slightly larger ones look like this...
These would obviously suck as running bags! But so that you are now luggin abunch of weight on a strap on one shoulder, companies started making back pack style bags.  One of the premier bags is the Grip EQ bag
Now as you can see it is a large bag with lots of storage.  Dual water bottle holders, I don't know of you can access them on the run. 

Here is some stuff for Grip's site showing off the theoretical storage of the bag...
They even imply that you could run in it...
The question is can you? Well that remains to be seen. I'm not in a money position to drop $250 dollars on a bag that might work...I got burned by the Salomon Commuter RX so I'm buy shy about spending right now.  I have been corresponding with Grip about getting a bag to review and I hope that they can make it happen. Until then I think it could be a great bag.  Lots of storage, lots of padding, large structured area for disc storage could  easily be used for shoes and clothes.  
So until I can get one to try, this is all theoretical.  
Update... I have been in contact with a rep about trying to get a bag to test out.   

Gotta go throw!  Then run... 

No comments:

Post a Comment