Thursday, July 31, 2014

Ode to Gu Brew

I love GU Brew, specifically Blueberry Pomegranate.  Flavor wise it is my favorite tasting drink, hands down!  It is the perfect balance of flavors, sweet, and salty. Goes down so smooth, and the hotter it gets outside the better it tastes.  Blueberry pomegranate has twice the sodium so it is perfect for South Carolina's sweaty humid summers.
But this could be a sad tale.  I bought some on sale at Runningwarehouse, then I realized why it was on sale....
Gu Brew is getting a face lift and a new carb profile.
Original
New Brew
So a hair more sodium, slightly less potassium, same total sugars but apparently they have gone to a 50/50 maltodextrin/fructose mix.  This is exciting for me since I prefer my sugars to be as complex as they can be.
I also like the smaller single serving mix packets. 
So reserving the right to be sad at the passing of my favorite tasting drink, bit hopeful that the Nu Brew will be as good if not better than the Old Bru.  
More to come.  Gotta run!


No comments:

Post a Comment