Friday, July 25, 2014

Mud Energy Gel

So I got my first Runnerbox in so I will have fuel for running and reviews. Here is the first thing I tried out of it....
To give you an idea of size...
These things are freaking huge! They take up the space of about 2-3 gels in a pocket.  But of course this increase in size comes with an increase in calories right?
No not really, about the same as every other gel product on the market, only hugified!  That is the scientific process of making smaller things huge, hugification!
The big awesome thing about these that justifies the size is the protein.  
Gu-0,Mud-12!
So that's a huge amount of protein for a "gel".  
The taste was ok, let's face it most gels taste nasty... These are not the nastier nor the best.  I would put them in the top 5 for flavors.  
So as a running gel these seem ok.  They are originally intended for cyclists I think.  For long distance running they are something that I want to try out, but as regular running gels they unfortunately complicate the whole thing since most running gels are about the same size therefore most holders are meant to hold that standard size.  The big boys just don't fit most pockets.  

Flavor-4/5
Nutrition-5/5
Design- 4/5
Cost- 3/5

Flavor was good, I give it the 5 for nutrition for the protein addition.  Design is pretty cool, cost is the only ding.  At 37.80 for a 12 pack that's 3 bucks a pop!  But again the protein for marathon to ultra distances would be a good benefit.  
So for longer events I would recommend these but for normal training no.  


No comments:

Post a Comment