Monday, May 1, 2017

The Second Day of V

Happy Dos de Mayo!


I don't always eat running gels... But when I do... I review them.

Today's pairing...


I tried the Salted Caramel Apple gel


With the Black Cherry Cola


First we will go with the Salted Caramel Apple.  I was a little scared. It sounded a little too...


But I was pleasantly surprised at the taste. Again softly muted in the best possible way is the way I would describe it.  I know that doesn't sound endorsing but I really mean that as a good thing.  
I don't want sharp sour apple flavor in a running gel.  I don't want...


I want something a little gentler on my taste buds.  The caramel factor made me a bit worried too.  Milky caramel on a hot stomach seems like a bad idea.  But it turns out that it tastes like apple pie filling!  Not too tart or crisp tasting just the right baked apple taste with a hint of cinnamon and spices.  Very nice...


So after I got deep in the woods I started drinking up the Black Cherry Cola drink.  Again I was worried about too much of a heavy cola taste. And I always associate cola with carbonation so flat cherry cola on a hot stomach just seems like a recipe for puke.  

So this was my first disappointment of the festival.  While the Cherry flavor was palatable and went down easy, I really did not taste any cola at all.  None.  Which was disappointing but I did like the flavor.  So not what I was expecting but it was fine. Kind of like if you want a beer and all they have is wine... I don't think that the cola would have been good flat anyway but I was really expecting cola.  

At least the Salted Caramel Apple was awesome...

Three more days to go til Cinco de Mayo and here is the standings for each category.

Gels:
1: Peach Cobbler
2: Salted Caramel Apple

Drinks: 
1: Tangerine Cream
2: Black Cherry Cola

It's anybody's game right now.  Gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment