Monday, May 1, 2017

The First Day of V

Happy Uno de Mayo!  
So for the first day of the festival of V I chose to get out of the way what I was worried would be the low flavors...

Tangerine Cream


Peach Cobbler.

These are two favors that I would not have bought ever under normal circumstances.  But when given the bounty from the fine folks at Vfuel I will try anything once.  

So reviewing gels is pretty easy since you can eat them cold or hot. By this I mean you can eat them before you run and during a run so the taste doesn't seem to change as much.  

But drinks are another story all together!  Take Gatorage for example... It's ok to drink as a soda alternative when you are just out and about but when I am really out running in the heat Haterade just tastes nasty.  So drinks have a magical on the run flavor change that happens.  Trying drinks while just chilling and they usually taste a bit thin and watered down but once you get a few miles in the real flavor unlocks!

So back to the easy part...


I was expecting a super peachy tasting monstrosity...


But in stead I got a much more pleasant version of this...


The peach taste was fruity but not overly tart and I swear I could taste a flour like crust taste.   If you told me that they blend up grandma's peach cobbler to use as a flavoring I might believe it.  Very nicely done.

Now we come to the real challenge.  Drink on a hot running belly.  

This really tasted like an awesome melted down version of this...


The best way I can describe it is "soft orange"... By this I mean that it has all the  flavor of an orange but with out the acid and the bite.  Safety orange?  


And the pairing worked very well together . Like a fine wine and a fine meal.


So of course as of this moment these are the winners since they are the only ones but we will see how this flavor draft ends up as the days go on.  

On the first day of V, I'm going to go drive off in my Fiat Uno


Actually after the wonderful bounty of fruit today I think I'm taking this one off the lot


A little more appropriate after the super fueled up run I had. 

I'll see you all tomorrow on Dos de Mayo!  Gotta run...

No comments:

Post a Comment