Saturday, May 6, 2017

The Fifth and Final Day of V



So as we conclude this years Festival of V


I take the last two flavors for a run...

I chose the Vanilla as the pre run snack because I wanted to know how the Fudge Brownie was on the run.  How would the chocolate taste on a hot day, warm, on a hot belly?  Let's find out!



I think in the breaking down of the peoples of the earth we might try to sort by race, creed, color, and religion.  But the easiest way the split the world into two groups is ice cream flavor.  There are only two main types of people in the known universe...


Those who like chocolate ice cream and those who like vanilla.  I do not like vanilla ice cream.  I'm team chocolate all the way!

I do apprecite the irony though that we colloquially refer to boring  normal things as vanilla, when it is one of the most complex and strong flavors.  But I'm still team chocolate 


But I will say that this vanilla was different.  It actually had an almost lime taste in the background.  Like really dilute Key lime pie.  So as far as vanillas go this is the best vanilla gel that I have ever had.   But that is like saying the best of the things I don't like... It was good and I would actually not mind eating it again.  

So like the package said I ran 45 minutes and ate another gel.   A Fudge Brownie gel...


So would it taste like this?


Hot runny chocolate gooey mess?  Or more like its namesake?


It was good.  More like chocolate fudge ice cream topping or icing.  So back to ironic flavoring decisions.  I love cholotate! But hot chocolate, as in eating chocolate on the while you are running stomach is not for me.  It is the only time I prefer vanilla.  Of course I could have chosen the chocolate first but I was hoping to find the cholate that was good on the run.  I guess it will just be a pre run snack...

Here are the final gel rankings!!!

The winner in first place...


Mountain Berry!

In second place...


Cool Citrus!

In third...


Vanilla!  (I know I was surprised too)

In fourth place...


Peach Cobbler!

In fifth place...


Fudge Brownie!!! Because I can eat it before I go.

And last but certainly not least...


Salted Caramel Apple!

Thanks again the Vfuel for catering this event!  Loved all the products (except maybe Ginger Twist...).  They really have mastered the ability to have their products taste fresh and made from real stuff with our being super sharp flavors that would not down well on a run.  

It's like pizza, I love pizza! I don't want to eat pizza on a hot day 2 hours into a run. That's the barf recipe...

Barf

1: Preheat stomach while running hard

2: Put pizza in the pie hole while running 

3: Let cook in stomach for about 8 minutes or 1 mile

4: Dish will automatically eject from "oven"

5;  Serve on ground for local dogs!


Sorry to end on a gross note...

Here are some more fake GU flavors I found


I hear the Soy is good for sodium replacement ;)

Again give Vfuel a try!  They are really the Chick Fil A of running gels. The one that tastes fresher and a little more natural.  Not as artificial.  

Thanks for reading...gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment