Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The Fourth Day of V

Happy Quattro de Mayo!!!


So today is the final day of drink and gel pairings...

And it's a strange one, Ginger Twist


And Mountain Berry


Let's start of course with our pre run snacky time!


Mountain berry.  This was a true stand out this festival.  It tasted like all the best jams at an IHOP.  Like a could pour this stuff over my crepes!


It was like a slightly tangy jam taste. Really good. It was almost like that elusive lingdon berry jam.  Just tart enough to get your brain awake but not enough to get the acid up in your stomach.  Super good!  Already declaring it the gel winner this festival!

The next was the Ginger Twist.



So I was really worried about this one.  I love fresh ginger with my sushi, my wife taught me that one.  But I was worried about the ginger being too strong...


Yep that's too strong.  I really want this Ginger...


So can Vfuel make a smooth Ginger?


Well the short answer is kind of...

Just like the Black Cherry Cola it has that watered down flavor.  It does have a very fresh taste which almost makes it worse since it just emphasizes the watering down.  This might be a great tool to keep  in your aid station kit for days you are having a little GI upset.  We all know that ginger is good for stomachs.


If I were evaluating the taste as a stomach aid I would say its great!  But a running fuel the ginger just lingered flavorwise a little too much in my mouth but in a thinned down way.  Ginger flavor needs to be kicked up a bit but then might cause some acid reflux on the run by being too spicy.  

So the drinks are all downed and the drinking portion of the festival ends...

Here are the final drink standings 

The winner in first place is the great Tangerine Cream!


In a very close second it's Cool Lime


In third place it's Black Cherry Cola


And in last place it's Ginger Twist...


I'm going to save the final gel rankings for tomorrow but Mountain Berry is way out in front!

Unless any of these GU flavors win out...

Those are some long shots for sure...

Ok guys, see you tomorrow, until then.. gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment