Saturday, March 18, 2017

Orange Vanilla Carb Boom!

On the first day of Boom! Carb boom! gave to me, orange and vanilla gel with some caffeine...



So for the first day of "The six days of BOOM!" starts with orange vanilla.  

What's in it?


So here's a transcription of that picture


Let me first start by saying that judging taste in running gels is like judging which antacid tastes the best.  None of them taste really good in my experience, you tend to judge based on aftertaste and reflux more than initial taste.  And of course we judge effectiveness.  

Orange vanilla tastes like a good version of baby aspirin.  Like a kids chewable aspirin or vitamin.  Not bad, kind of like Tang powder.  

A lot of orange flavored gels and drinks give you instant reflux and heart burn feeling.  This did not and it had a nice smooth after taste. It didn't linger.  The taste just sort of dissolved away.  

I didn't really notice the caffeine, but I'm a regular coffee drinker so caffeine doesn't really get me moving too much anymore.  

Fueled great. Didn't feel any candy sugar rush. And no crash.  The thickness of the gel was great, not too think, not too thin. Just right.  

Kind of like judging cheep beers, this didn't have the best taste but it went down smooth with no aftertaste or bite.  And sometimes that is all you can ask for. 

As the first day of Boom! draws to a close I will give Orange Vanilla Carb Boom! a recommend.  It does everything you want a gel to do and noting that you don't.  Thanks for reading,  but for now I gotta sleep, cuz I gotta run in the morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment