Sunday, March 19, 2017

Cinnamon Apple Carb Boom!


On the third day of Boom! carb boom! gave to me, Apple and Cinnamon gel (not even going to attempt a rhyme).


Ok so I am having to rethink my evaluation of running gels after this season of Boom!  I have always judged running gels in the same way I judge cheap beers.  I'm looking for after taste and how it burps since the initial taste is only ok at best.  As long as it goes down well and stays down, I'm good.  

But now Carb Boom! is making me judge gels on a much higher level.  

Apple Cinnamon... I had very low expectations.  Usually a very generic combo.  Not this, it was more like someone had blended this...

And put it into this...


The cinnamon really was bright and fresh tasting.  The apple tasted like apple pie.  Not a sharp tangy apple but like apple pie filling.  

So in another Boom! Miracle this is the new top dog!  I thought that Grape Pomegranate would be the only contender left but it's anybody's game right now.  Except Orange Vanilla.  Sorry. It's good compared to other running gels, but compared to its Boom! Brethren it pales.  So the rankings right now are..

Apple Cinnamon
Strawberry Kiwi
Orange Vanilla 

So stay turned to find out how the other three remaining  flavors will stack up.  But for now... Gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment