Monday, February 20, 2017

Stance Trailhead OTC Socks

So I have an old pair of stance socks that I got from Ross a long time ago.  I really just got them becaus I love their logo.  It's Gungnir! Which is the old Norse symbol for Odin's spear.  I'm a badass Viking runner so of course I had to get some. These are on old pair of their basketball ones that I got because I like the pattern.
Then I saw another pair recently and added them to my hosiery stable...
Again I got them at Ross on the cheap but decided that I really needed to try one of their real socks so enter the Trailhead OTC (over the calf)
Stance sent me these because of a defect in another pair I had.  Good on them for making it right and it wasn't even a direct purchase from them.  
So the box came in the mail...

With Odin's Gungnir 
Which is also on the back of the sock's reflective detail

 
So I will be completely honest there is no way before that I would have bought these socks.  36 dollars for a pair of fragging  socks?  Do they do something else? Run for me?  But after using them I am totally impressed and something occurred to me.  I've spent $30-$50 bucks on a pair of calf sleeves.  These are basically calf sleeves that have socks built in, so $36 is not too bad in that sense.  

Ok the important stuff.   These socks are super ugly but I chose them because I wanted the "bold" print.  They are in that category of so ugly they become cool looking again.  So I'll forgive that since it's my fault, I chose this.

Quality of workmanship... These things look like they are thin sheer panty hose but they actually feel really strong.  I have popped and put a finger through many pair of calf sleeves and compression socks.  These don't have that fragile feeling.  They are thin but durable feeling.  

The most important factor...

Comfort.  It's kind of like the line from Pulp Fiction about the 5 dollar milk shake.  I don't know about 36 dollars for socks but these are some really comfortable socks.  Of course like I said earlier I pay more than that for calf sleeves and these have the socks built in.
They have been really comfortable.  Light and cushioned feeling at the same time.  Like a nice wool blend.  These are not wool but they feel woolish.  

Like all tech clothing items wash on cold and air dry on a line or hanger.  Don't put them in the hot dryer or you will kill them.

So in summary.  A magic blend of feels like thick cushion, breaths like thin material, thin and light feeling while still being durable.  Frodo's magic Mithril socks!  These will be my designated trail socks till they blow out and I will wear them on my next trail race coming up later this year.

Thanks for reading this.  If you like the site please post a comment. If you love the site please use one of the Amazon links on the sides to make your next purchase of whatever you need so the site gets some referral love. 

Alright gotta run...


No comments:

Post a Comment