Saturday, May 10, 2014

Bucket List Runs

Bucket List Run Countdown....

10.  Blue Ridge Marathon:
done the half already and really want to do the full. Might even do the unofficial double one day...

9. Medoc Trail Marathon:
the one in North Carolina not the French one.  Mostly because of the medal and how awesome the volunteers are supposed to be.

8. Disney Marathon:
come on, I know it's cheesy and cliche, but I want to do it. I really want to do the dopey challenge, the 5k Thursday, 10k Friday, Saturday the half and Sunday the full! You get 6 medals, one for each race, one for the dopey challenge and one for the goofy challenge which is the half then the full.

7. Avenue of the Giants Marathon:
run with the redwoods! Hopefully I'll feel like a  
speeder bike whizzing past the trees! A more apt Star Wars analogy would be I will be an AT-AT lumbering down the path...

6. Grand Canyon Rim 2 Rim:
the grand canyon is so iconic and to be able to say that you ran from one edge to the other would be pretty cool.

5. Boston Marathon:  
the only way I will run boston is as a charity and I hear even that is hard to do.  They make the charity runners do a training program to ensure they finish in a certain cut off time.6 hours I think. 

4. Last Chance 50k:
this one is a personal one because I was going to try it the year before I had to get my foot revised and then blew up my knee. I missed the inaugural and am starting training as of this writing to do it this year, the 3rd year. 

3. Big Sur Marathon:
redwoods, the Pacific Ocean and beautiful scenery. 

2. Marine Corps Marathon:
history, scenery, emotional atmosphere, determination, and plenty of sponsors. What more could you want. 

1. Barkley Marathons:
I will be the first person to run the barkley marathon with no illusions about even finishing. My goal would be get to the first book, thats it's. I will not attempt to explain the barkley, google it. That's all I can say.


No comments:

Post a Comment